Sculpting Animals In Clay
4 Week Class at Mudpie Clay Center with Courtney Cullen
The class will focus on traditional sculpture techniques in terracota to explore animal forms. We will go through the process of creating a sculpture from beginning to end: starting with reference images to blocking out general shapes and working towards final detail. Students will have the freedom to choose the animal(s) they want to create. At the end of the class, students will be able to take home their own fired sculpture!
- Class will meet Wednesdays from 6-8pm at Mudpie in the basement of the Leverett Crafts and Arts Center.
- Class dates: October 10, 17, 24 and November 7. Students will also have access to the studio at designated times outside of class.
- Class is designed to accomodate all levels of experience including beginners!
- Class size is limited to 8 students.
- Adults and teens 16 +
Fees: $125 ( $100 Tuition + $25 material/ firing)
- To register please email your name, address, and telephone number.
- Send a check or money order payable to “Mudpie Potters” :
13 Montague Rd.
Leverett, MA 01054
Notification of registration will occur via email after payment is received.
Courtney Cullen received her MFA from UMASS in Sculpture and has 3 years of professional
teaching experience. She is a practicing artist working out of her studio in Leverett and has exhibited nationally.